A holistic biological biocompatible dentist minimizes
disease and dental materials on the body.
"It's all about choice in our Charlotte NC practice. Do you
want to be treated with holistic or biological care?"
Paul Plascyk, DDS
With our holistic care:
- We do not place amalgam fillings.
- We safely remove amalgam fillings.
- We do not use fluoride
- We do pulp cap and pulpotomy procedures to prevent root canals in teeth with healthy nerves
- We do not use metal in our fillings, crowns and bridges
- We use an alternative technique for tooth extraction.
- We perform bite balancing procedures.
- We do not do root canals (we do root canals with our biological care however (see below)
With our biological care we do all the holistic care described above with two differences:
1) We perform biological root canals using oxygen-ozone and biocompatible sealer and non-gutta percha filling material.
2) We place both titanium and non-titanium implants.
Why do we offer biological root canals? Because some people may not be interested in the more invasive and expensive option of removing a tooth and replacing it with an implant, bridge or denture (You have a choice with us.).
Why do we offer titanium implants? First, titanium implants have decades of research and clinical success supporting their use and some patients are more comfortable with their history. Second,presently, non-metal implants have fewer options and are not the best implants to use in some clinical situations. Third, titanium is never in direct contact with the body because it forms an oxide layer on its surface (Again, you have a choice with us).